Let’s Talk Speech and Language Therapy Services, was set up by Jane McKean in March 2009. We offer services to children and young people aged 0 to 19 years living in Essex, Hertfordshire & Suffolk.
Jane trained at Manchester Metropolitan University, graduating in 2000 with joint honours in Psychology and Speech Pathology. Following 10 successful years within the NHS and as a highly qualified and experienced Paediatric Speech and Language Therapist; Jane moved into the private sector in order to offer high quality and child centered therapy.
She firmly believes that being able to communicate is imperative for every child and fundamental to development; reinforced not least by her experiences as a parent to twins.
Why pick ‘Let’s Talk’?
• a double national award winning speech & language therapist
• an experienced Makaton user trained to enhancement level
• a Signalong tutor with over 13 years experience
• a Hanen tutor
• trained and skilled at using PECS (Picture Exchange Communication systems.)
• trained and skilled with Intensive Interaction
• qualified in Level one Talk Tools
• a specialist in the assessment and treatment of Dysphagia (eating and drinking difficulties) with a post-graduate qualification (Masters level equivalent)
• experienced with working within ABA/VB programmes.
Let’s Talk Speech & Language Therapists are fully qualified and experienced practitioners, who are registered members of the Health & Care Professions Council, Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists, and the Association of Speech & Language Therapists in Private Practice. They also have enhanced Criminal Records Bureau checks.